50 depression quotes that will make you feel better No one likes to feel depressed and like nothing is going right for them, but feeling that way is often unavoidable. Since we are only human, throughout our lives we will go through ups and downs that can make us feel quite sad. Whether it’s an incident, a trauma, a person, a situation, it can change our entire mood.
The worst part of feeling depressed is that we find it difficult to share our feelings with those around us , even if they try to be there to support us. Since we feel like they can’t understand us, the already bad times feel that much worse, as we must face our battles alone.
We have made a compilation of phrases that try to express what it can really be like to feel depressed. These can be used for you to express your own sadness to others, to find comfort and feel less alone, or even to show a loved one that you understand what they are going through in their low moments. If you find by hand in a tough place mentally, reading this might give you some company as you get through the tough times.
Table of Contents
sad quotes about life
Understanding and sympathizing with any situation can make it feel much less scary. These quotes will help you with that. Not only is it important to really understand what you’re going through, but it’s also important to be able to accept life as it is, the struggles, the joy, and everything in between. Feeling depressed is not a fun thing to do in your everyday life and it can ruin even the happiest moments for you in the long run.
Things that would normally make you smile or jokes that would normally make you laugh more don’t have those values anymore. When things begin to lose value, everything loses meaning and your value in life could questioned. This cycle is negative hell and can keep you going on and on for years.
- Depression lies. He tells you that you have always felt this way, and always will. But you haven’t, and you won’t. -Halley Cornell
Even though you may feel like you’ve felt a certain way for as long as you can remember, you have to be your own fanatic when it comes to telling yourself that there was a before and there will surely be an after.
- No tempest, not even the one in your life, can last forever. The storm just passed. -Iyanla Vanzant
Nothing is permanent, especially when it comes to bad things. There is surely something better for you waiting around the corner, so remember to be patient.
- I think the saddest people always go out of their way to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone else to feel that way. –Robin Williams
If you’re someone who makes your friends and family laugh, it can be difficult for them to see past their perception of you as a jovial person, as you make them so happy. This is no one’s fault in particular, and you should accept it and be proud of your ability to put a smile on their faces.
- Things change. And the friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anyone.
- Breathing is difficult. When you cry so much, you realize that you have trouble breathing.
- You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.
- Tears come from the emotion and not from the brain.
- To have felt too much is to end up feeling nothing.
- People keep telling me that life goes on, but for me that’s the saddest part.
- It’s sad when somebody you know becomes someone you used to know.
- It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses, we must plant more roses.
- Life has no obligation to give us what we expect.
- One thing you can’t hide is when you’re crippled inside.
Quotes About The Permanence Of Struggles
Life is not a bed of designs and it will not always be easy, not for you, not for me or for anyone else in life. No matter what life is like financially or socially, if you feel let down, betrayed, or ashamed, it’s important to know that it will get better. All the situations that once felt like they were falling will surely one day rise. No one is trapped in a permanent black hole, even if it looks like it. Fighting your way to the top will teach you the ethics you need to be your best, and the next time you feel helpless and lost and hopeless, you’ll look back and remember this time. In the dark, finding the light is no easy task, but it is definitely worth the effort you put in.
- Crying come from the heart and not from the brain. -Leonardo da Vinci
Emotions can often play games with us and make it impossible to communicate with us. This is not through thought or analysis, but because the heart and emotions lack the ability to logically understand sadness.
- The more you see and receive reality, the more you will understand and love yourself. -Maxime Lagace
If you are able to really understand what the truth is behind many things, including yourself, it might be much easier to accept the good and the bad.
- Every man has his secret griefs which the world knows not, and many times we call a man cold when he is only sad – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
If a person doesn’t know someone is depressed, it’s easy to think it’s bad or impossible to communicate with them. The real problem is, however, much more complex.
being depressed and alone
Feeling sad and depressed can be much worse when you are around people. This may seem counterintuitive, but in reality, the feeling that others are somehow happy and, worse than that, blind to your struggles, will make you feel very isolated and sad. Aloneness and depression often go hand in hand, one causing the other to never leave you. Caught in those horrible clutches, the future can seem bleak and very isolated.
Although it is something that nobody dreams or expects, it has its own advantage of having to depend on oneself. And when you need yourself most, you will surely be there for you. Becoming trustworthy often starts with being there for yourself in the worst of circumstances and showing up even when you least feel like it.
- When you are enclosed by all these people, you can feel more alone than when you are alone. You can be in a big crowd, but if you feel like you can’t trust anyone or talk to anyone, you feel like you’re really alone.” fiona-apple
Being lonely and sad can make things feel very bad and inconsolable. If those around you don’t give you the security you need, it’s really hard to deal with yourself individually.
You might be interested in:
You say you are ‘depress’; all I see is flexibility. It allows you to feel spoiled and inside out. It doesn’t mean you’re flawed, it just means you’re human.- David Mitchell
Depression is not a fault or a mistake, and it can happen to the best of us. In fact, some of the most successful and intelligent people have reported being depressed at some point in their lives. This shows that it is not something that is wrong, but something that is human.
- Depression is the most unfriendly thing I have ever knowledgeable… It is that nonappearance of being able to glimpse that you will ever be happy again. The absence of hope.
Being depressed can kind you feel like there is no hope for a better tomorrow. This can be mentally and emotionally draining and leave you feeling very tired of everything and unmotivated to do anything new.
- There are two possibilities: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
- Remember: the moment you feel lonely is the moment you most need to be alone. The cruelest irony of life.
- Music was my refuge. I could crawl through the space between the notes and cower with my back to loneliness.
- Loneliness is okay, but you need someone to tell you that loneliness is okay.
- If you feel lonely when you are alone, you are in bad company.
sad quotes about love and family
Scars are always much deeper when they are caused by the ones we hold dearest in our hearts. This can mean your partner, your crush, your parents, siblings, or even your children. Healing these wounds may take longer, but it is well worth it in the long run to save the underlying relationship and remain happy together.
- It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. – Samuel Butler
Sometimes you can feel that love was a huge waste of your time and effort and that the depression it left you in overrides everything. But in fact, having that connection with someone has surely opened your eyes to many things and made you a better person.
- Perhaps we all have darkness within us, and some of us are better at dealing with it than others. – Jasmine Warga
It is quite possible that everyone is depressed in one way or another. Some just don’t know it or don’t show it. So, never feel that you are alone or troubled. It is a problem of all humanity.
- Healing is an inside job. – Dr. BJ Palmer
Getting over something that has left you heartbroken or depressed cannot be facilitated by someone outside. It is up to you to introspect and analyze what you can do to improve yourself.
- Love is an indomitable force. When we try to control it, it abolishes us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to recognize it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused. – Paulo Coelho
Over analyzing anything, including love, can leave us broken and alone. But this does not mean that you should lose hope or stop trying.
- A happy family is nothing more than a previous heaven.
- Happiness is having a large, loving, affectionate, close-knit family in another city.
- I love my family because they are always there for me, even in my most fragile moments.
- What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.
- Personal is where life starts and love never ends.
- The most important thing in the world is family and love.
- Family is not an important thing. That’s it.
- I sustain myself with the love of family.
- You don’t choose your family. They are a gift from God to you, as you are to them.
- Other things can change us, but we begin and end with family.
depressing quotes about broken heart
When the one we love, adore and cherish leaves us or hurts us, the pain is unimaginable. It’s like we’re hurting a part of ourselves, and it feels irreversible. It is necessary, at such moments, to remember that the worst pains also fade slowly, regardless of any other factors: time will help him to recover his old self, but stronger.
- The desire of love lasts only a moment. The pain of love lasts a lifetime. –Bette Davis
Even good memories, when they have passed or are no longer a part of your life, can cause you pain; this can add to his sadness as a sense of resentment, until he understands that growing up also means letting go.
- I always knew looking back at tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back at laughter would make me cry. – Dr Seuss
We easily come to the conclusion that when we think of bad times, one day in the future it will be good again. What we don’t realize is that sometimes when things go wrong, good times can trigger negative emotions that we didn’t think were possible to associate with a good memory.
- Having depression is being in an rude relationship with yourself.- Emily Dotterer
Overcoming the pain you cause yourself can be one of the biggest but most important battles you will ever have to fight. Ending toxicity is the first step out of this painful mindset.
- You will never know how damaged a person is until you try to love them.”
Just like when you love a person, it seems that their bruises can heal and that is why they have been caused by themselves, be compassionate with yourself and, after understanding your pain, try to give yourself the support you need to heal. it’s.
sad quotes about pain and being misunderstood
The pain of not being understood is universal. We often feel like we’re part of a community that doesn’t understand us for who we really are or resonate with our personal values. In such cases, it is very difficult to feel listened to or even loved, even if that is not the case in reality. Loving someone the wrong way will sometimes feel far from comforting. Not being able to truly relate to other people on an emotional level after sharing so much with them can make you feel like you’re losing control of your everyday relationships and that you’ll be left alone when they see that too.
However, those who truly love and care about you will stick with you even when times get tough. In reality, difficult times can turn out to be a great litmus test that is very revealing of people who really care about your health and well-being and want to see you succeed, even if they have to make some sacrifices for you. These are the kind of people you can trust for a lifetime, and they will always have a special place in your life that can never be replaced.
- And I felt that my heart had been so completely and irreparably broken that I could never feel real joy again, that at best there might be a little satisfaction. They all wanted me to get help and get back to life, pick up the pieces and move on, and I tried, I wanted to, but I just had to lie in the mud with my arms around myself, eyes closed, grieving until I lost it. I got. I don’t have to anymore. – Anne Lamott
Feeling that there no seepage from the hopelessness of life and imminent death is very often associated with the word depressed. It is clear that even if a depressed person wants to do something, it is extremely difficult to find the willpower or motivation to go out and get it.
- I think about dying but I don’t want to die. Not even close. In fact, my problem is just the opposite. I want to live, I want to escape. I feel trapped, bored and claustrophobic. There is so much to see and so much to do, but somehow I still find myself doing nothing at all. I’m still here in this metaphorical bubble of existence and I can’t figure out what the hell I’m doing or how to get out of it.
Feeling trapped in your own skin is the feeling that most depressed people report having. In fact, they are eager in most ways to return to life as they used to know it and exist freely. Feeling trapped and unable to run or even find a way out is the worst part of this low mental level.
Quotes About Not Knowing Why
Being sad in itself is bad; not knowing the reason is much worse. Imagine telling your friends or family that he is hurt, but you can’t put your finger on where. The same is true if you feel depressed but can’t figure out what’s causing it. It could be a big incident or something small that triggered a lot of blunt trauma in you. The element of confusion can lead to a snowball effect of sadness and make depression much worse. These things can cause your self-esteem and self-esteem to come crashing down.
This is very bad for the long-term goals and dreams you have for yourself and can even disrupt future relationships you haven’t explored yet. This can even limit your abilities and make you useless, and push you further down the rabbit hole of feeling depressed and sad.
- The worst kind of despondency is not being able to explain why.
Sharing your sadness makes more sense only when you know its origin. Without even understanding where your fears come from, it is impossible to share them with the people around you. It can also make you feel silly if you do it without a concrete reason to talk about it.
- It doesn’t occur all at once, you know? You lose a piece here. You lose a piece there. You slip, trip and adjust your grip. Some more pieces fall. It happens so slowly that you don’t even realize you’re broken…until you are. – Grace Durbin
Depression does not happen overnight. In fact, it is 1 of the most painful gradual things that will slowly descend on you and leave you feeling intense loss when you least expect it.
- It’s like being in a glass crane in the middle of a crowded shopping mall; you see everything and would love to join but the door won’t open so you can’t. –Lisa Moore Sherman
Even though you know there are people around you going about their lives, some you talk to, some you just look at, it’s hard to compare your own life to theirs and get upset.
- Some of the most heartening words in the universe are “me too.” That moment when you discover that your fight is also someone else’s fight, that you are not alone and that others have walked the same path.
When someone else tells us that they not only hear our struggles but also relate to them, the relief is inexplicable. It makes us feel as if we have finally been felt and that we are no longer so alone, even in our most difficult moments.
Quotes that will lift your sadness
It is crucial in the darkest of times to remember that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Likewise, when you’re feeling really down and depressed, it’s helpful to remember that even in the worst times of your life, something good awaits you. Everyone who goes uphill must go down, and vice versa is also true. So don’t despair! The incentive you need to get through the tough times isn’t far away if you just look. It’s just a matter of how much you want to help yourself.
Although other people can support you in these moments, they cannot get out of them for you. If you were blind, you could only have a cane; expecting someone else to pick you up and walk you every minute of your life is pretty ridiculous. Similarly, sadness can be shared and sympathized with. But understanding that only you are your own savior will make a big difference in your recovery from this terrible phase and push you to try harder to get to the edge. Keep going, even when the tides get rough.
- Life is ten percent what you knowledge and ninety percent how you respond to it. ― Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
More than the experiences you go through, it is very important to understand and repair how you respond to the situations that come your way. It is very important to be good at identifying and responding to whatever life throws your way.
- Mental health… is not a terminus, but a process. It’s about how you drive, not anywhere you’re going. – Noam Shpancer
It is impossible to expect stable mental health overnight. Just as the fall is not immediate, neither is going back up. Patience is the greatest virtue.
- You are like a gray sky. You are beautiful, even if you don’t want to be. ― Jasmine Warga
Sometimes we think very low of ourselves, but even when we are at our lowest point, we are more admired and loved than we give ourselves credit for. So don’t disappointed. It’s only a substance of time until you become everything you once dreamed of.
Always remember that feeling depressed is not the same as depression, a much more serious mental health problem. If you feel like you or a loved one is sinking too far and struggling to find a way back to shore, it’s best to find a professional to help you. This also applies if you have suicidal thoughts. You’re never alone; At the very least, you have yourself and those around you who love and care about you and who want you to be truly happy.
We hope that the previous compilation has helped you find comfort or a way to connect with other people and feel that you are not alone in your struggles. Not just today, but any day, regardless of age, gender, or race, there are plenty of people around the world who will identify with you if you just walk up and look around. Similarly, always make sure you are there for other people in the depths of their struggles. However, this surely shouldn’t be at the expense of your own happiness and should be more reliant on your threshold.
Topics Related Fitness
Topics Related to Well Being
Topics Related to Net Worth
Topics Related to Diet
Topics Related to Tips and Tricks